Whilst it is very welcome that Cambridge North station is finally open, there are a number of issues that Cllr Manning Cllr Anna Bradnam (waterbeach) and the Chesterton team are dealing with - read on for more detail.
- Brookgate have errected fencing alongside the cycle path which creates a blind corner in the path, and at one of the junctions where the cycle lane crosses the bus route. Both of these create hazards.
- The cycle gullies on the steps (ie to allow cycles to be wheeled up easily) have been placed flush against the wall, making them unuseable.
- We continue to monitor the levels of parking in surrounding streets and are looking into getting regular reports into useage of the station to compare the two
- Google/Apple maps and other providers route traffic down Fen Road - we've had a support call in with providers via the County since the day the station opened.
- Further to the previous, we are following up with South Cambs Council on the postcode for the station so it is clear where the entrance is.
- Possible contraventions of the planning permission relating to tree removal.
If you are aware of other problems, please contact Cllr Manning