I hope that you are aware that the City Deal (now known as the Greater Cambridge Partnership) had put forward funds to bring in parking controls across the City. I stopped the proposals in your area moving forward recently, as it became clear residents had not been involved in the plans by your previous County Councillor.
I've held three meetings recently that many of you attended to work through what you want to happen. My overall impression from these is that you do NOT want to make any changes to the status quo at this stage.
Not acting now will mean waiting a significant period of time (possibly years) before we can reassess the situation; in the meantime various other areas of the City may go ahead with restrictions.
If you are wondering what form new proposals might take, please see the FAQ link below.
At this stage, because this project had already started before I became Chesterton Councillor, I need to respond on your behalf.
I realise there are many questions around "Can this street be excluded" - I just have to respond to the current question first.
There is more detail about the background and an FAQ on my website here:
Before making a final recommendation to officers I'm now giving you another chance to give me guidance on how you want to respond: