Working with residents, your local Lib Dem councillors have recently submitted various bids to the County Council and City Council to bring forward projects which would make our area even better.
Local Highway Improvement grants are administered by the County Council to fund road enhancements and the Environmental Improvement Programme is looked after by the City Council with the aim of tackling small scale projects. Our bids for this cycle include:
- Resurfacing of Grafton Street, which is turning into a sea of dangerous, unsightly loose gravel. Nonsensical County Council policy leaves this Cinderella street outside of routine maintenance funding.
- Refurbishment of the neglected green space at the corner of Adam & Eve St and Paradise St (pictured below), including new planting to improve biodiversity, and new seating/equipment to encourage use by local people.
- New, brighter belisha beacons at the zebra crossing on Maid’s Causeway near James Street. Funding from a previous application will see road lines re-painted this autumn.
- Replacement of a poor quality sapling and adding 4 new trees on Midsummer Common.
- In collaboration with Camcycle, a plan to improve cycle safety at the Pembroke St/Mill Lane/Trumpington St junction, by giving priority to movements between Pembroke St and Mill Lane.
- Wildlife habitat improvements in New Square and explanatory boards and a printed trail map for the biodiversity projects here and on Midsummer Common and Christ's Pieces.
If you have any other ideas or can think of any changes you'd like to see in Market then please do get in touch!