I wanted to add another update on the recent issues around Fen Road, including plans to start a new community group I'm supporting.
I met with interested residents (those who have responded to previous blog posts, have emailed me, or responded on twitter) and one of our local PCSOs last Monday.
- Police have taken a number of extra actions in the area, supported by British Transport Police, the Road Policing Unit and Special Constables
- As a North Area Panel priority, it is discussed every week at a regular meeting
- We confirmed that multiple reports made to Police have reached them, and in some cases action was taken
- It was highlighted that it's worth reporting non-urgent crime even after it has happened, either via 101 (which can take a while!) or via the force website http://bit.ly/reportcrimes
- In relation to CCTV: this has been of limited use - either individuals have not been identifiable, it has not been possible to trace vehicles or prove who was driving them at the time
Apart from increased Policing, I believe we need to improve the community ties across the whole area, including both sides of the level crossing. Those few people causing the serious problems need to feel like they are on the outside of acceptable behaviour.
To that effect I'm supporting residents in setting up a new community group for the area - with a view to doing a Jo Cox Great Get Together event ( https://www.greatgettogether.org/about/ ) in summer 2018.
Please get involved - I'll help residents organise the first meetings soon.