Whitworth house closure - update 4


After tonight's meeting I wanted to provide further updates on the situation with whitworth house.

The headline is that a small group, consisting of myself, Whitworth Trust volunteers, women's support workers, Orwell officers and the Castle County Councillor, will get together to try and provide more evidence to support the case for Whitworth House being retained. 

If anyone is willing to help with my work on this, please contact me.

This was something I suggested, having idenitfied the paper goign to be committee will be finalised within approximately the next couple of weeks.  There are wider questions here, but this is the immediate challenge facing us.

Other points, some of which may be included, some of which need following up seperately:

  • I have received financial information from Orwell to look into the (thin) possibility of purchase of the building by County
  • Staff working for Orwell are already being affected by the uncertainty around the decision
  • There is a wider question about a strategy that is allowing short term decisions to be made

There was a general recognition that no one is working deliberately negatively at this point, but all are working to different pressures.

I remain positive we will get a good outcome.


Share this post on social media:

Sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Email.